What is CONTI ransomware?
CONTI is a data-kidnapping malware that encrypts user data and asks for payment in exchange for the decryption key. This cryptovirus targets private user’s files for instance video, audio, archives, and etc.. The enciphering process itself goes secretly and takes kind of time so in the majority of cases, the user realizes something incorrect when it’s too late. As a outcome, all user’s files branded in bundles with .CONTI extension will become inaccessible. Afterward, the ransomware shall close a text catalog in bundles with a penalty message – “CONTI_README.txt” that hides kidnappers’ inquiries. Although the text in the ransom message may range, the essence leftovers the same – cybercriminals requirement income from victims in BTC cryptocurrency to recover information entry. However, we don’t suggest you do this, as no one can prove that they transfer you the decryption application in spite of the fact that the payment is redirected. Instead, you could follow our stage-by-step guide in order to uninstall CONTI ransomware and decode .CONTI files for free-of-charge.
There exists two solutions to erase CONTI Ransomware and recover your files. The at the beginning is to utilize an automated elimination program. This approach is adequate even for unskilled users because the deletion program could delete all situations of this infection in just several clicks. The first moment is to use our manual termination instruction. This is a much more confusing way that needs certain machine capabilities.
How CONTI ransomware receives on my device?
Cybercriminals use several ways to spread the malware software to the target pc. Ransomware malware could infect victims’ oss etc. than in one or two methods, in the majority of cases, cryptoviral deception breach is conducted together with the following techniques:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in CONTI.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
- CONTI Connects to the internet without your permission
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Changes user's homepage
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- CONTI Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Integrates into the web browser via the CONTI browser extension
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Common CONTI behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- CONTI Shows commercial adverts
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
CONTI effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1027%
- Windows 834%
- Windows 727%
- Windows Vista6%
- Windows XP6%
Eliminate CONTI from Windows
Delete CONTI from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove CONTI from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase CONTI from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete CONTI from Your Browsers
CONTI Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase CONTI from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate CONTI from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).