What is Koom ransomware?
Koom is a new variant of DJVU ransomware that targets machines running Windows. It shall slither onto the victim’s os, beginning the enciphering process, then request a big sum of income as a fine. The malicious software locks people’ content like documents, photos, audio, video files, numbersbases, archives, etc. The moment the payment is being done, criminals supposed to conduct their ingrediant of the deal, regardless, there is no assurance that they would assistance. Hence, you could be dumped together with no income and decryption tool. Instead, you are able to monitor this instruction to completely terminate Koom ransomware and decode .Koom without paying anything.
This variety notwithstanding, they all monitor the same necessary design – to cheat money in return for precious information. As promptly as you can after penetration, it begins to encode user files appending them alongside .Koom extension. The quantity of fine is $980 and to motivate victims to pay swifter, crooks as offer a 50% voucher for payment in 72 hours. For this purpose, cybercriminals want you to contact them by email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com. The more detailed information you can find in the TXT file virus creates:_readme.txt:
In the end, it’s up to you to assume it or not, but let us caution you – no one can assure that they would do their piece of the deal. On the adverse, there is a huge hazard of being scammed and merely dumped in bundles with little. The only safe way to fix the matter is to eliminate Koom ransomware from the machine via relevant applications so as to nullify the malign motions of the malicious software and then fix your information from the backup.
There exists two solutions to uninstall Koom Ransomware and decrypt your data. The at the start is to employ an automated elimination program. This approach is appropriate even for not experienced users as the deletion program could eliminate all cases of the contamination in just a couple clicks. The moment is to employ the manual termination guidelines. This is a much more difficult way that calls for exclusive operating system capabilities.
Screenshot of fictitious Windows upgrade you may see during the enciphering:
How Koom ransomware gets on my computer?
Cybercriminals use certain approaches to distribute the malware software to the target system. Ransomware infections might slither into victims’ oss etc. than in one or two techniques, in the majority of cases, a cryptoviral deception breach is full together with the following approaches:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Koom.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Koom browser extension
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Koom Shows commercial adverts
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Changes user's homepage
- Slows internet connection
- Common Koom behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
Koom effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1020%
- Windows 833%
- Windows 722%
- Windows Vista7%
- Windows XP18%
Eliminate Koom from Windows
Delete Koom from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Koom from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Koom from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Koom from Your Browsers
Koom Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Koom from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Koom from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).