What is Gray Hat ransomware?
Gray Hat (Clay) is a ransomware-type virus that puts strong encryption algorithms on users’ files. Then cybercriminals need a fine in bitcoins in case the user expects to unlock their files. Regardless of the fact that this is generally the sole way to obtain your files back – we are not able to notify you do that, since there are no insurances that they transfer you a decryption utility. Initially, this malware targets English-speaking people, regardless, it has earlier circulate around the world and jeopardizes the system of a great number of users. In this report, you will detect guide on how to delete Gray Hat ransomware and decode .Clay files without giving money for the ransom.
As soon as the encryption process is accomplished, you won’t be capable of opening files together with .clay extension unless they are decrypted. For example, file “IMG2054.jpg” will turn into “IMG2054.jpg.clay“. Here, Gray Hat ransomware promotes a pop-up window as well as leaves a TXT log “___RECOVER__FILES__.clay.txt” that hides thorough information relating to the acquire. The hijackers are urging a penalty of 0.01 BTC (~ $494.34). Cryptocurrency grants hijackers to dodge prosecution since cryptocurrency transactions are very hard to detect. We do not suggest you to pay, because there are no assurances that your files shall be reappeared.
In the end, it’s up to you to presume or not to anticipate, but let us caution you – nobody can promise that they shall keep their end of the discount. On the contradictory, there is a large threaten of being tricked and merely dumped together with little. The only safe way to deal with the issue is to delete Gray Hat ransomware from the computer via relevant applications so as to halt the malign movements of the malicious software and then repair your content from the backup.
The content of the ___RECOVER__FILES__.clay.txt record:
There exists two solutions to terminate Gray Hat ransomware and decode your files. The at the beginning is to utilize an automated uninstallation tool. This process is adequate even for unskilled users because the uninstallation program can delete all cases of this infection in just a couple clicks. The moment is to employ our by hand uninstallation instruction. This is a much more confusing way that calls for certain system capabilities.
How Gray Hat ransomware receives on my device?
Cybercriminals use numerous approaches to distribute the malware software to the target pc. Ransomware malicious software might infiltrate victims’ systems etc. than in one or two methods, in the majority of cases, cryptoviral deception breach is done together with the following ways:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Gray Hat ransomware.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Gray Hat ransomware Behavior
- Slows internet connection
- Installs itself without permissions
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Gray Hat ransomware Connects to the internet without your permission
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Changes user's homepage
Gray Hat ransomware effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1028%
- Windows 835%
- Windows 728%
- Windows Vista8%
- Windows XP1%
Gray Hat ransomware Geography
Eliminate Gray Hat ransomware from Windows
Delete Gray Hat ransomware from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Gray Hat ransomware from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Gray Hat ransomware from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Gray Hat ransomware from Your Browsers
Gray Hat ransomware Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Gray Hat ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Gray Hat ransomware from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).