What is Gray Hat ransomware?
Gray Hat (Clay) is a ransomware-type virus that puts strong encryption algorithms on users’ files. Then cybercriminals need a fine in bitcoins in case the user seeks to decode their files. Regardless of the fact that this is generally the sole way to acquire your files back – we are not able to notify you do that, as there are no promises that they transfer you a decryption utility. Initially, this malware targets English-speaking people, regardless, it has earlier circulate around the world and endangers the machine of a great number of users. In this report, you will discover guidelines on how to erase Gray Hat ransomware and unlock .Clay files without giving money for the ransom.
As soon as the encryption process is accomplished, you won’t be capable of opening files in packages with .clay extension unless they are decrypted. For example, file “IMG2054.jpg” will turn into “IMG2054.jpg.clay“. Here, Gray Hat ransomware shows a pop-up window as well as leaves a TXT record “___RECOVER__FILES__.clay.txt” that harbors comprehensive data about the acquire. The invaders are urging a fine of 0.01 BTC (~ $494.34). Cryptocurrency enables invaders to dodge prosecution as cryptocurrency transactions are very complex to detect. We don’t recommend you to pay, since there are no assurances that your files shall be appeared again.
In the end, it’s up to you to presume or not to anticipate, but let us caution you – nobody can guarantee that they shall keep their end of the voucher. On the opposite, there is a big jeopardize of being robbed and merely dumped together with little. The only safe way to deal with the issue is to delete Gray Hat ransomware from the pc via relevant software so as to abort the malign movements of the malware and then fix your content from the backup.
The content of the ___RECOVER__FILES__.clay.txt catalog:
There exists two solutions to erase Gray Hat ransomware and decrypt your data. The at the start is to utilize an automated removal program. This process is appropriate even for unskilled users as the uninstallation application could delete all cases of the contamination in just several clicks. The first moment is to utilize the manual termination instruction. This is a much more complicated way that needs exclusive os abilities.
How Gray Hat ransomware obtains on my device?
Cybercriminals use varying ways to spread the malware software to the target device. Ransomware malware might infect victims’ oss etc. than in one or two methods, in many cases, cryptoviral scam breach is done together with the following ways:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Gray Hat ransomware.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Gray Hat ransomware Behavior
- Gray Hat ransomware Connects to the internet without your permission
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Slows internet connection
- Common Gray Hat ransomware behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Gray Hat ransomware Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Installs itself without permissions
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
Gray Hat ransomware effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1029%
- Windows 843%
- Windows 720%
- Windows Vista8%
- Windows XP0%
Gray Hat ransomware Geography
Eliminate Gray Hat ransomware from Windows
Delete Gray Hat ransomware from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Gray Hat ransomware from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Gray Hat ransomware from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Gray Hat ransomware from Your Browsers
Gray Hat ransomware Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Gray Hat ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Gray Hat ransomware from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).