2>What is Gnik ransomware?
Gnik is a new release of Dharma encryption virus. Generally it has small modifies, as in the minimal behavior it is an exact copy of its predecessor. So, in the practise of process, this infection seems like any other ransomware: it slithers into the pc stealthily and then scours for the files of the typical plugins. The examined statistics afterward becomes encoded alongside asymmetric cryptography. It ends in bundles with a computer user collecting a notification from the crooks along with the requirement for profit in return for recovering the files. Though we believe that you are able to knowledge to anything just to download your facts back, we don’t offer transferring the revenue to the cybercriminals, as this merely persuades them on future deceits. Instead, we encourage to implement this guidelines to be capable of terminating Gnik ransomware and multiple methods to decode .Gnik files without paying the ransom money.
As we stated previous, the dangerous software touches details in such a way so you won’t be capable of opening files in packages with .Id-xxxxxxxx..Gnik”. Here, Gnik ransomware displays a pop-up window and leaves a TXT file (info.txt) – both contain criminals’ demands.
We firmly suggest not to assent in bundles with their requirements as there are no warranty that you will download your files when the transaction transpires. On the adverse, there is a large threaten of being cheated and merely dropped in addition to little. The only trustworthy way to fix the issue is to erase Gnik ransomware from the machine via relevant tool so as to halt the malign movements of this threat and then repair your content from the backup.
There exists two solutions to delete Gnik Ransomware and recover your files. The at the beginning is to employ an automated uninstallation software. This approach is convenient even for unskilled users because the elimination program could eliminate all cases of this infection in just several clicks. The first moment is to implement our manual elimination guidelines. This is a much more hard way that calls for exclusive pc abilities.
How Gnik ransomware gains on my pc?
Cybercriminals use numerous approaches to spread the malware software to the target system. Ransomware malware may infiltrate victims’ operating systems etc. than in one or two techniques, in the majority of cases, cryptoviral deception breach is conducted together with the following approaches:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Gnik.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Changes user's homepage
- Slows internet connection
- Installs itself without permissions
- Gnik Connects to the internet without your permission
- Common Gnik behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
Gnik effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1021%
- Windows 831%
- Windows 720%
- Windows Vista6%
- Windows XP22%
Eliminate Gnik from Windows
Delete Gnik from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Gnik from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Gnik from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Gnik from Your Browsers
Gnik Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Gnik from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Gnik from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).