What is CONTI ransomware?
CONTI is a data-kidnapping malware that encrypts user data and asks for payment in exchange for the decryption key. This cryptovirus targets private user’s files for instance video, audio, archives, and etc.. The encoding process itself goes undiscovered and takes somewhat time so in most situations, the user realizes something incorrect when it’s too late. As a resolution, all user’s files branded together with .CONTI extension will become inaccessible. Afterward, the ransomware shall close a text document in packages with a fine mention – “CONTI_README.txt” that hides kidnappers’ inquiries. In spite of the fact that the text in the ransom message may range, the essence stays the same – cybercriminals ask profit from victims in BTC cryptocurrency to recover details entry. However, we don’t advise you do this, as no one can guarantee that they transfer you the decryption program regardless of the fact that the payment is redirected. Instead, you could follow our phase-by-step guidelines so as to get rid of CONTI ransomware and decode .CONTI files for free-of-charge.
There exists two solutions to terminate CONTI Ransomware and restore your files. The at the beginning is to utilize an automated removal software. This approach is adequate even for unskilled users because the uninstallation application can eliminate all situations of the contamination in just several clicks. The minute is to implement our by hand deletion instruction. This is a much more difficult way that needs exclusive operating system abilities.
How CONTI ransomware acquires on my device?
Cybercriminals use multiple methods to distribute the malware software to the target device. Ransomware malware could infect victims’ machines etc. than in one or two approaches, in the majority of cases, cryptoviral scam breach is full together with the following ways:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in CONTI.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
- Installs itself without permissions
- Changes user's homepage
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Slows internet connection
- Integrates into the web browser via the CONTI browser extension
- CONTI Connects to the internet without your permission
- Common CONTI behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
CONTI effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1025%
- Windows 840%
- Windows 726%
- Windows Vista5%
- Windows XP4%
Eliminate CONTI from Windows
Delete CONTI from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove CONTI from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase CONTI from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete CONTI from Your Browsers
CONTI Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase CONTI from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate CONTI from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).