What is Gray Hat ransomware?
Gray Hat (Clay) is a ransomware-type virus that puts strong encryption algorithms on users’ files. Then cybercriminals need a fine in bitcoins in case the user expects to unlock their files. Regardless of the fact that this is generally the sole way to acquire your files back – we are not able to inform you do that, since there are no assurances that they transmit you a decryption utility. Initially, this malware targets English-speaking people, regardless, it has earlier circulate around the world and jeopardizes the machine of a lot of people. In this report, you’ll see guide on how to uninstall Gray Hat ransomware and unlock .Clay files without giving money for the ransom.
As soon as the encryption process is being done, you won’t be capable of opening files in addition to .clay extension unless they are decrypted. For example, file “IMG2054.jpg” will turn into “IMG2054.jpg.clay“. Here, Gray Hat ransomware shows a pop-up window as well as leaves a TXT document “___RECOVER__FILES__.clay.txt” that hides thorough information relating to the acquire. The invaders are urging a fine of 0.01 BTC (~ $494.34). Cryptocurrency authorizes hijackers to dodge prosecution since cryptocurrency transactions are really difficult to detect. We don’t recommend you to pay, since there are no insurances that your files shall be reappeared.
In the end, it’s up to you to assume or not to suppose, but let us caution you – nobody can guarantee that they shall keep their end of the voucher. On the opposite, there is a big jeopardize of being coerced and merely dumped together with little. The only trustworthy way to fix the issue is to eliminate Gray Hat ransomware from the device through relevant programs in order to kill the malignant movements of this infection and then fix your information from the backup.
The content of the ___RECOVER__FILES__.clay.txt catalog:
There exists two solutions to erase Gray Hat ransomware and restore your files. The at the start is to employ an automated removal software. This process is fitted even for unskilled users as the deletion software could delete all situations of the malicious software in just several clicks. The minute is to employ the manual elimination instructions. This is a much more difficult way that needs certain pc capabilities.
How Gray Hat ransomware obtains on my system?
Cybercriminals use numerous methods to distribute the malware software to the target pc. Ransomware infections could infect victims’ pcs etc. than in one or two approaches, in most situations, cryptoviral deception breach is conducted together with the following approaches:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Gray Hat ransomware.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Gray Hat ransomware Behavior
- Common Gray Hat ransomware behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Gray Hat ransomware Shows commercial adverts
- Changes user's homepage
- Integrates into the web browser via the Gray Hat ransomware browser extension
- Slows internet connection
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Gray Hat ransomware Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Gray Hat ransomware Connects to the internet without your permission
Gray Hat ransomware effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1030%
- Windows 840%
- Windows 728%
- Windows Vista5%
- Windows XP-3%
Gray Hat ransomware Geography
Eliminate Gray Hat ransomware from Windows
Delete Gray Hat ransomware from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Gray Hat ransomware from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Gray Hat ransomware from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Gray Hat ransomware from Your Browsers
Gray Hat ransomware Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Gray Hat ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Gray Hat ransomware from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).