BlackFeather Ransomware one of the newest computer infections, the files are encrypted. She has received the name of BlackFeather based on the file name extension that adds to each encrypted file. If this threat penetrates into the computer, you will notice the presence of the extension .blackfeather quickly. Unfortunately, the most valuable files, including music, videos, films, documents, presentations, etc. will get this extension, and it will be impossible to open it. The BlackFeather Ransomware does not act without any reason in this way. It is obvious that the cybercriminals behind this computer infection aimed to receive from users, which is why they have used the code from hidden tear which is known as open-source Ransomware project, to create their own Ransomware infection and to receive money from the users money. Also given is that the cyber criminals give not the private key to unlock of your personal files, until you have paid the required money, you should remember not even to make the payment, since there may be a way to unlock these files without the special key. Of course, this does not mean that you should let the BlackFeather Ransomware on your computer.
Not all users understand how the BlackFeather Ransomware has penetrated into their systems the truth, however, is that they allow this infection itself to invade your computer. A research carried out by our specialists at 2-delete-spyware.com has shown that the user open the malicious attachment in the spam-E-mail folder and allow the BlackFeather Ransomware to break into their computers. In most cases, the malicious attachment such as a harmless see. PDF file from, which is why the user open them without fear. As soon as the malicious attachment is opened, a fake error message on the desktop is shown to confuse the user: “there what an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired”(“an error occurred when opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired”). Also that is. txt-file (BLACK_FEATHER.txt) is immediately created on the desktop. She informs the users about the sum of money that will have to pay them. It is so immediately clear that the decryptor is not a free tool. Below is a copy of the message:
Researchers encourage users not to pay the money for the decryptor (0.3 Bitcoin), since this threat sends the encryption code to any server, which suggests that the cybercriminals do not know also the unique code to unlock the files. What you should be doing instead of payment of money is, to restore the files from a backup. If you have any copies of your files, you should wait until the free decryptor is published. Specialists say that this should happen soon, because the BlackFeather Ransomware is based on hidden tear, as mentioned in the first section.
As you already know, Ransomware infections are often spread via spam emails; However, this is not the only way, how the cybercriminals distribute these, so you must be very careful. According to the security specialists, you could also filed Ransomware Trojans. The malicious file of the Ransomware could be placed on a kind of third-party or P2P site. We therefore believe that it would not be enough, to just be careful. What we recommend to protect of your new files is to install a renowned security application on your computer. We can assure you that the tool you have, is not trusted when the BlackFeather Ransomware has found a way to get into your computer.
Even though these personal files for you unlocked are, you must delete as soon as possible the BlackFeather Ransomware if you do not want that this computer infection strikes again. Thank God, it is fairly easy to get rid of this infection. What you need to do is to delete the malicious file that was running as well as the ransom note from the desktop (BLACK_FEATHER.txt). It should be not too difficult to manually delete these files; should you however don’t dare to this, you should scan your PC with SpyHunter. This tool will remove all existing infections, but unfortunately it is not able to decrypt the personal files for you.
Manual removal instructions for the BlackFeather Ransomware
- Find You the malicious filethat you have open (check the downloads, desktop , and other locations).
- Delete She them.
- Remove You the files BLACK_FEATHER.txt from your desktop.
- Emptying You the Trash.
Note: You need to know that other malicious applications could hide in your system. To find this out, you should scan your PC with a diagnostic scanner directly after the manual removal of ransomware.
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in BlackFeather Ransomware.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
BlackFeather Ransomware Behavior
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Common BlackFeather Ransomware behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Installs itself without permissions
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Integrates into the web browser via the BlackFeather Ransomware browser extension
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- BlackFeather Ransomware Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- BlackFeather Ransomware Connects to the internet without your permission
- BlackFeather Ransomware Shows commercial adverts
- Slows internet connection
- Changes user's homepage
BlackFeather Ransomware effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1028%
- Windows 838%
- Windows 726%
- Windows Vista5%
- Windows XP3%
BlackFeather Ransomware Geography
Eliminate BlackFeather Ransomware from Windows
Delete BlackFeather Ransomware from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove BlackFeather Ransomware from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase BlackFeather Ransomware from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete BlackFeather Ransomware from Your Browsers
BlackFeather Ransomware Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase BlackFeather Ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate BlackFeather Ransomware from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).