CryptoCat Ransomware is a malicious application created recently that can permanently damage your personal data. This infection could use a strong encryption algorithm called RSA-2048 to lock your private files. Later, the threat should drop a text file with instructions to unlock of the encrypted data. Apparently, the developers of malware by users may require to pay about 1.45 BTC to get the decryption tools. So far, there are still no reports of users who have tried to pay the ransom, but you should know that the developers of the infection could take your money and do not care to send the decryptor. If you so not want to jeopardize your savings, it would be better to eliminate the CryptoCat Ransomware. To facilitate the process, we add a removal guide below the text.
At the moment, computer scientists don’t know yet how to spread this malicious program among users. That is the threat but indistinguishable from other Ransomware applications, there are some possible methods that should be mentioned. Such infections are often disseminated via malicious email attachments. In some cases, these files such as images, videos, text documents, invoices, etc. are out. Also, they could have a subject of curiosity brings, for example could be that the user is in the accompanying photo.
Another popular method to disseminate such threats is to spread the infected software installer of suspected file-sharing Web sites. To avoid to download such content should the user be careful, especially while they download data from unreliable sites. For example, you could use a fully updated anti-malware tool and scan Installer before you run them. You can do the same with email attachments and other files which you see as questionable.
After you run the CryptoCat Ransomware Setup file, the malicious program could make copies on the desktop or in the start directory. Then it should start your personal data to encrypt, for example photos, pictures, videos, music files, documents, etc. Each encrypted file will have the extension. cryptocat. As you probably already know, such data can no longer be opened. Until the malware with the blocking of the user files is busy, if they are a text document called your files are locked. txt drop. It includes a message from the developers of the CryptoCat Ransomware.
According to this message, the decryption key is located on your secret server. But to get it, you have to pay 1.45 BTC, resulting in approximately $ 865. In addition, users are warned that money only within 168 hours refer to, otherwise deleted the code and “nobody ever will be able to restore the files” (“nobody and never will be able to restore files”). Before you give up, we can tell you that voluntary IT specialists from time to time create decryption tools; There could be still hope. Therefore, you could try to find such information on the Internet.
The text file includes instructions that explain how to make the payment and have to contact the developer of the malicious program. Nevertheless, it is impossible to know whether they would actually keep their promises and send the decryptor. If you realize that they do not provide it, you will receive your money not back. Because the ransom sum is quite high, we do not recommend that you risking your savings, but to delete the CryptoCat Ransomware.
If you want to rid of the malicious application manually, should below instructions mentioned locations carefully check the distance and look for suspicious data. Unfortunately we can list any titles of such files, since these may have arbitrary names. In addition, the infection is fairly new and because there is not enough information, how it works, it could drop even malicious data in other directories. Therefore, we recommend the removal of CryptoCat Ransomware with a trusted anti-malware software. Because the threat locks not the screen, users can simply download the security tool and install. Adjust it, once it is running, so, it scans the system, and wait until it detects malware. After scanning, click the delete button and the tool will delete the infection.
delete CryptoCat Ransomware
- Open the Explorer.
- Navigate the desktop, downloads and Startupseparately to the directories.
- Check these sites and find the malicious executable files with arbitrary titles.
- Right click separately on these files and select delete.
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in CryptoCat Ransomware.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
CryptoCat Ransomware Behavior
- Integrates into the web browser via the CryptoCat Ransomware browser extension
- Common CryptoCat Ransomware behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- CryptoCat Ransomware Shows commercial adverts
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Slows internet connection
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- CryptoCat Ransomware Connects to the internet without your permission
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- CryptoCat Ransomware Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Changes user's homepage
CryptoCat Ransomware effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1023%
- Windows 834%
- Windows 727%
- Windows Vista3%
- Windows XP13%
CryptoCat Ransomware Geography
Eliminate CryptoCat Ransomware from Windows
Delete CryptoCat Ransomware from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove CryptoCat Ransomware from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase CryptoCat Ransomware from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete CryptoCat Ransomware from Your Browsers
CryptoCat Ransomware Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase CryptoCat Ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate CryptoCat Ransomware from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).