2>What is Cyber_Puffin ransomware?
Cyber_Puffin is a crypto-malware that encrypts all sensitive data on a victim’s computer. It is targeting video, photos, documents, merely put, all the victim shall be prepared to pay. The enciphering itself goes secretly and takes kind of time so in many cases, the user realizes something bogus when it’s too late. To obtain your numbers back, you ought a decryption key, which nuturally the cybercriminals shall not provide you for free-of-charge. Nevertheless, we are not able to persuade you to pay fine for the decryption of your files, since there are no insurances that they transfer you a decryption program. In this report, you will detect guidelines on how to get rid of Cyber_Puffin ransomware and decode .Cyber_Puffin files for free-of-charge.
As soon as the encryption process is accomplished, you won’t be capable of opening files in packages with .Cyber_Puffin extension unless they are decrypted. For example, myfamily.jpg file will turn into myfamily.jpg.Cyber_Puffin. Afterward, Cyber_Puffin ransomware leaves Cyber_Puffin.txt file that contains payment instructions.
The content of penalty message (“ReadMe.Cyber_Puffin.txt”):
There exists two solutions to delete Cyber_Puffin Ransomware and decode your files. The at the beginning is to employ an automated removal software. This approach is useful even for not experienced users because the deletion software could eliminate all situations of the malware in just a couple clicks. The first moment is to use the by hand uninstallation instructions. This is a much more baffling way that needs certain device capabilities.
Screenshot of enchiphered by Cyber_Puffin malicious software files:
How Cyber_Puffin ransomware acquires on my system?
Cybercriminals use multiple methods to distribute the malware software to the target pc. Ransomware malicious software may enter victims’ pcs etc. than in one or two techniques, in many situations, cryptoviral scam breach is done together with the following approaches:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Cyber_Puffin.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
- Common Cyber_Puffin behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Slows internet connection
- Installs itself without permissions
- Cyber_Puffin Shows commercial adverts
- Cyber_Puffin Deactivates Installed Security Software.
Cyber_Puffin effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1030%
- Windows 835%
- Windows 726%
- Windows Vista3%
- Windows XP6%
Eliminate Cyber_Puffin from Windows
Delete Cyber_Puffin from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Cyber_Puffin from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Cyber_Puffin from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Cyber_Puffin from Your Browsers
Cyber_Puffin Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Cyber_Puffin from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Cyber_Puffin from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).