What is Gray Hat ransomware?
Gray Hat (Clay) is a ransomware-type virus that puts strong encryption algorithms on users’ files. Then cybercriminals need a fine in bitcoins in case the user seeks to decode their files. Despite the fact that this is generally the sole way to obtain your files back – we are not able to let you know do that, as there are no insurances that they transmit you a decryption application. Initially, this malware targets English-speaking people, regardless, it has earlier circulate around the world and jeopardizes the pc of a lot of users. In this report, you will discover guide on how to erase Gray Hat ransomware and unlock .Clay files without giving money for the ransom.
As soon as the encryption process is being done, you won’t be capable of opening files in packages with .clay extension unless they are decrypted. For example, file “IMG2054.jpg” will turn into “IMG2054.jpg.clay“. Here, Gray Hat ransomware advertises a pop-up window as well as leaves a TXT document “___RECOVER__FILES__.clay.txt” that hides thorough info about the acquire. The hijackers are urging a fine of 0.01 BTC (~ $494.34). Cryptocurrency enables hijackers to dodge prosecution since cryptocurrency transactions are really hard to observe. We don’t recommend you to pay, since there are no insurances that your files shall be reappeared.
In the end, it’s up to you to suppose or not to anticipate, but let us caution you – nobody can guarantee that they shall keep their end of the voucher. On the opposite, there is a huge endanger of being scammed and merely dumped in bundles with little. The only trustworthy way to deal with the issue is to terminate Gray Hat ransomware from the computer through relevant software so as to halt the malevolent movements of the malware and then repair your content from the backup.
The content of the ___RECOVER__FILES__.clay.txt document:
There exists two solutions to uninstall Gray Hat ransomware and restore your files. The at the beginning is to utilize an automated uninstallation program. This technique is suited even for not experienced users as the termination application could eliminate all situations of the contamination in just several clicks. The moment is to use the by hand elimination guidelines. This is a much more baffling way that calls for exclusive device capabilities.
How Gray Hat ransomware gains on my system?
Cybercriminals use varying methods to spread the malware software to the target pc. Ransomware malicious software might infect victims’ oss etc. than in one or two approaches, in many cases, cryptoviral deception breach is done together with the following techniques:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Gray Hat ransomware.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Gray Hat ransomware Behavior
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Gray Hat ransomware Connects to the internet without your permission
- Gray Hat ransomware Shows commercial adverts
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Changes user's homepage
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Common Gray Hat ransomware behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Integrates into the web browser via the Gray Hat ransomware browser extension
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Slows internet connection
Gray Hat ransomware effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1027%
- Windows 833%
- Windows 728%
- Windows Vista5%
- Windows XP7%
Gray Hat ransomware Geography
Eliminate Gray Hat ransomware from Windows
Delete Gray Hat ransomware from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Gray Hat ransomware from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Gray Hat ransomware from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Gray Hat ransomware from Your Browsers
Gray Hat ransomware Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Gray Hat ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Gray Hat ransomware from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).