The HDD Encrypt Ransomware is a major threat to your computer, you want to avoid at all costs. This malicious program encrypts not “only” your personal files on your hard disk, but change also your master boot record (MBR), which means that on your Windows OS not can be accessed and your computer becomes unusable. The only way you can save your computer, seems to be the cyber criminals who are behind this attack to contact via the E-Mail specified in the ransom note. This is not the first time that we have seen a such vicious blow. Also the Petya Ransomware and the Mischa Ransomware change your MBR. We can prevent you not to contact these criminals and to pay the ransom to restore your computer, but it would be better if you had backup copies of your files on an external hard drive or a USB stick. Nevertheless we are here to offer you a solution, how to clean your system from this threat and repair your MBR. We recommend you to remove the HDD Encrypt Ransomware, by following our instructions, pursuant to this article immediately. But before you jump in there, we would share with like you, what we have found out about this dangerous ransomware.
You might be wondering how this serious Ransomware is enters into your computer. It is very important to understand this, because you could then avoid similar attacks in the future. The most likely way as the HDD Encrypt Ransomware in your system can occur, is that you open a spam E-mail, download its appendix and try to execute this file. A Trojan, a malicious executable file could be in this attached file actually, secretly in the background to download this threat and activated it. You could believe equal a supposedly due Bill, a complaint about incorrectly specified credit card data, a document about a not provided to package or anything what you want to see in any case even if no direct relation to itself, you can see get to see. Most people would be curious to see such attachments, and that these criminals are taking advantage. You should be very careful on such E-Mails as soon as you let this monster in your computer, it will return no way more, even if it should succeed, to remove the HDD Encrypt Ransomware by using our instructions below. This means that your files remain encrypted until you get the decryption key or a free tool that may be encountered on the Web, with which you can restore your files. For this reason we urge you to be careful when you open emails.
As soon as you start this threat by running the file that you save from the spam E-mail, it attacks your photos and text files. When she’s finished encrypting, it changes your MBR so that you all will be unable to use your operating system. Restart your computer, then automatically displays their ransom demand on a black screen. When the infection reaches this State, unfortunately there is nothing you can really do. This requirement provides information about the fact that your files have been encrypted and that you need to send an email to “email@example.com” with your ID, which is also provided at the end of this short request available. There is no information on the amount of the ransom and how you want to transfer him. We can only assume that the ransom between 50 and 1000 USD is and in Bitcoins will be paid. You should know that it is always risky to pay criminals, because there’s no guarantee that you will receive the decryption key or the decryption tool. Of course, it is understandable that you think this is the only way for your salvation, if you have no backup to an external drive. But we think that you repair your MBR manually or by using professional support at the end and can delete the HDD Encrypt Ransomware.
Unfortunately we can not help you in restoring your files, because we know still no free tools that are available on the Web. It is possible, however, that soon will be a tool in the Web, so keep your eye if you should decide to risk no payment of ransom. If you want to take matters into their own hands, we recommend to start by you to repair the master boot record with the manual recovery of your computer. After that, you can easily delete the appropriate files to remove the HDD Encrypt Ransomware from your system. Please follow our instructions below carefully. Keep in mind that you can avoid similar dangerous infections, and other malware threats, if you protect your computer by installing a legitimate and current anti-malware program. Keep all your programs and drives up to date, which can reduce your vulnerability to cyber attacks.
Repair the master boot record
- Start You your system from your Windows installation CD.
- When the message Welcome to Setup , press the “R“-button to start the Recovery Console .
- Press “1” If Windows XP is the only operating system on the hard disk.
- Enter the administrator password and press the Enter key.
- Type fixmbr , press the “Y” button and then press the Enter buttonto confirm.
- Click enter and wait for the repairs MBR is.
- Remove You the Windows CD, type exit and press the Enter key, to the PC to restart.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Start You your operating system from your Windows-7 installation CD /-DVD new.
- Select You the radio button “Use recovery tools that can help you troubleshoot problems when you start Windows” and Select you the operating system. Click on continue.
- When the system recovery optionsscreen appears, select command prompt.
- Enter The following instructions a, press the Enter key after each line and wait for any process is completed:
Bootrec / rebuildbcd
Bootrec / fixmbr
Bootrec / fixboot
- Remove You the CD/DVD.
- Start You your System.
Windows8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10
- Start You your System, using the original Windows installation DVD .
- Select the Welcome screen repair your computer.
- Open Troubleshooting and select command prompt.
- Enter She that commands afollowing, press the Enter key after each line and wait, until the process is finished:
Bootrec / FixMbr
Bootrec / FixBoot
Bootrec / ScanOs
Bootrec / RebuildBcd
- Remove You the DVD, type exit and press the Enter key.
- Start You your computer new.
Remove the HDD Encrypt Ransomware from Windows
- Press Win + E.
- Delete You the folder “%HOMEDRIVE%\C22“, where the malicious file with random-generated name is located.
- Delete You have the file, you recently from the spam- email downloaded .
- Empty You your trash.
- Start You your computer new.
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in HDD Encrypt Ransomware.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
HDD Encrypt Ransomware Behavior
- Slows internet connection
- Common HDD Encrypt Ransomware behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Integrates into the web browser via the HDD Encrypt Ransomware browser extension
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- HDD Encrypt Ransomware Connects to the internet without your permission
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- HDD Encrypt Ransomware Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Installs itself without permissions
- HDD Encrypt Ransomware Shows commercial adverts
HDD Encrypt Ransomware effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1028%
- Windows 839%
- Windows 728%
- Windows Vista7%
- Windows XP-2%
HDD Encrypt Ransomware Geography
Eliminate HDD Encrypt Ransomware from Windows
Delete HDD Encrypt Ransomware from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove HDD Encrypt Ransomware from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase HDD Encrypt Ransomware from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete HDD Encrypt Ransomware from Your Browsers
HDD Encrypt Ransomware Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase HDD Encrypt Ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate HDD Encrypt Ransomware from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).