IdleCrawler can not be described as extremely dangerous malicious application; Experts have made several unsettling discoveries that have helped them in the determination of its category. Researchers, who work at 2-delete-spyware.com, have decided to call him a botnet. You can find a detailed explanation as to why it cannot be dismissed as a serious application, in the next paragraph. We only want to say that users don’t know that they have installed IdleCrawler on your computer, because it creates a shortcut on the desktop or the start menu. Because users also tend not to willingly download this software on your computer, it usually takes a while until they find out that he is there. Actually this happens when you check the list of installed programs in Control Panel. Have you already noticed that he is active in your system? If the answer is Yes, is the best decision a user according to experts can make, to delete it. This is not a particularly malicious computer infection, but ordinary users who have nothing to do with marketing, will find useless IdleCrawler in any case, let alone that he consumes the resources of your computer activities.
It seems that IdleCrawler with GigaClicks and WebStroller is used because it works like these “crawlers”. After successful installation on the computer, he automatically opens 4-6 Google-Chrome window and then starts to “crawl” various sites. Now we come to his actual activities. Researchers who have tested IdleCrawler, noticed immediately that he can automatically open certain Web sites, collect information about, click on links that contain these pages, and then index these sites. Because these activities behind the user’s back, this not only don’t know anything about the presence of the IdleCrawler Botnets have on their computers, but also about its activities. Users can only notice that their computer’s performance is considerably lessened and that the Internet connection is extremely slow. Users who have older computer or a slower Internet connection, most commonly notice all these symptoms. This is honestly, not surprising because IdleCrawler uses almost all resources and the entire Internet bandwidth. Obviously this botnet is doing anything useful, but works only in the background and uses the resources of your PC without the permission and knowledge of the user, so that it would be a foolish decision to let him on the computer.
As you have probably already discovered, is not in IdleCrawler to an application that was developed to serve ordinary users, that is, he certainly will not act in a beneficial manner. Should seen become after reading the preceding sections, it consumes only the resources of the PC of user. Frankly, this is not his only drawback. I don’t like malware analysts also, how it is spread. According to these analysts, IdleCrawler had an official website Idlecracler.com which has gone offline but during this writing. Of course, this does not mean that he can no longer appear on the computers. Because this botnet is still fairly common, though its official website no longer works, it must be true, that it is distributed bundled with other applications in different downloaders. Following applications are usually distributed in a bundle with the IdleCrawler: V9 redirect, PC Optimizer Pro, PastaQuotes, Aducky, Jolly wallet and Regoptimizer Pro. It should be noted that this list is not complete. The list of programs that are distributed with the IdleCrawler may vary depending on the location. Keep in mind that most of the applications provided that are not trusted, i.e. not forget, also this to deal with.
Although IdleCrawler not with an ordinary application is similar, it has an uninstaller, which means that users can delete him quite easily via the control panel. Users who manually delete software for the first time, should take our instructions for manual removal to help. Of course, you can automatically delete IdleCrawler just using SpyHunter. In this case they must not even scan your system, to delete the other harmful applications/components that are active on your computer, because you can delete them all together with IdleCrawler.
How to manually delete IdleCrawler
This IdleCrawler stop processes:
This IdleCrawler remove files:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in IdleCrawler.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Integrates into the web browser via the IdleCrawler browser extension
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Installs itself without permissions
- Changes user's homepage
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- IdleCrawler Deactivates Installed Security Software.
IdleCrawler effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1023%
- Windows 829%
- Windows 726%
- Windows Vista5%
- Windows XP17%
Eliminate IdleCrawler from Windows
Delete IdleCrawler from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove IdleCrawler from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase IdleCrawler from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete IdleCrawler from Your Browsers
IdleCrawler Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase IdleCrawler from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate IdleCrawler from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).