Have you recently downloaded any email attachments? Maybe your computer started right after, to behave strangely? In our opinion you could be been infected with the KoKo Locker Ransomware or another Ransomware program, because this seems to be the most common Ransomware dissemination method. If you think that this malicious infection is on your computer, please scroll to the end of this description down, where are the instructions for manual removal of KoKo Locker Ransomware. Please do not forget to purchase a legitimate security application which will help you to finish all other potential threats and to protect your PC at the same time from future infections.
Our research team is of the opinion that this Ransomware infection is not very common and has no large distribution reach. The team denies but also not the fact that a number of users have been infected and now desperately trying to figure out what to do. The KoKo Locker Ransomware is very annoying and invasive, because she prevent you to access some of your most important files, you encrypt it. She’s touching above all your document and image files that are stored in standard folders. So, there is the possibility that your files are stored in other directories (or on a partition that does not belong to the system default) could be been spared by the encryption.
You’ll immediately notice which files could be infected by this program, because it adds all affected files the extension .kokolocker. Even if you delete this extension and restore the original file name, this would not help the system to read the files, because the main information in the file (which will be represented in bytes) hash are rolled during the encryption uses a powerful encryption algorithm. If you have not the unique decryption key, it is literally impossible to guess the code which would share your files. Therefore, the Ransomware pushes you so urgently to buy the decryption key.
Once the encryption is finished, you will see a message on your screen in which appears the following:
In some way, the infection will you think you would have to react quickly and pay the ransom. Otherwise, there would be no way to restore your files. However, it would be still possible that your payment will not reach the cybercriminals who are behind this scam. Or they would receive the payment, but it could not send the encryption key because an unstable proxy server connection. As you can see so clearly, it is not the best option to pay these cyber criminals, because you would lose your files as well as your money at worst.
The best way to deal with this infection is to remove the KoKo Locker Ransomware along with the infected files from your computer. You should worry about your data, especially, if you have a backup copy of it. Maybe save some of your files regularly on an external drive, or maybe you have a cloud storage, because you often change your equipment. Whatever the case, you should think through all your options before you indulge in this matter. A number of your files in your Inbox could be stored.
If so, you know how you can recover your files, you should focus on the removal of the KoKo Locker Ransomware from your system. You are need to stop the process, indicating the ransom demand, and must then delete the file that launches the infection. To do this, you should check your download folder (or save a directory, in which usually downloaded files).
After manual removal, you should not forget to scan your computer with the free scanner SpyHunter, because there could be more undesirable and dangerous files or applications on your PC. Needless to say, that can have you find them all and end, what the most efficient way to do by using a powerful antispyware tool.
How to delete the KoKo Locker Ransomware
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in KoKo Locker Ransomware.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
KoKo Locker Ransomware Behavior
- Integrates into the web browser via the KoKo Locker Ransomware browser extension
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Slows internet connection
- Common KoKo Locker Ransomware behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- KoKo Locker Ransomware Shows commercial adverts
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- KoKo Locker Ransomware Connects to the internet without your permission
- Installs itself without permissions
KoKo Locker Ransomware effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1030%
- Windows 832%
- Windows 725%
- Windows Vista6%
- Windows XP7%
KoKo Locker Ransomware Geography
Eliminate KoKo Locker Ransomware from Windows
Delete KoKo Locker Ransomware from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove KoKo Locker Ransomware from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase KoKo Locker Ransomware from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete KoKo Locker Ransomware from Your Browsers
KoKo Locker Ransomware Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase KoKo Locker Ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate KoKo Locker Ransomware from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).