What is Gray Hat ransomware?
Gray Hat (Clay) is a ransomware-type virus that puts strong encryption algorithms on users’ files. Then cybercriminals call for a fine in bitcoins in case the user seeks to unlock their files. In spite of the fact that this is generally the sole method to download your files back – we are not able to inform you do that, as there are no promises that they relay you a decryption utility. Initially, this malware targets English-speaking people, regardless, it has earlier circulate around the world and jeopardizes the pc of a lot of computer users. In this report, you will discover guidelines on how to eliminate Gray Hat ransomware and decode .Clay files without paying the ransom money.
As soon as the encryption process is being done, you won’t be capable of opening files in addition to .clay extension unless they are decrypted. For example, file “IMG2054.jpg” will turn into “IMG2054.jpg.clay“. Here, Gray Hat ransomware shows a pop-up window as well as leaves a TXT log “___RECOVER__FILES__.clay.txt” that hides comprehensive info about the acquire. The invaders are urging a fine of 0.01 BTC (~ $494.34). Cryptocurrency authorizes hijackers to dodge prosecution as cryptocurrency transactions are very hard to detect. We do not suggest you to pay, because there are no promises that your files shall be reappeared.
In the end, it’s up to you to presume or not to feel, but let us alert you – nobody can promise that they shall keep their end of the discount. On the opposite, there is a large threaten of being coerced and merely dropped together with little. The only safe way to deal with the matter is to eliminate Gray Hat ransomware from the computer via relevant program so as to halt the harmful movements of the malicious virus and then fix your information from the backup.
The content of the ___RECOVER__FILES__.clay.txt log:
There exists two solutions to uninstall Gray Hat ransomware and decrypt your data. The at the start is to utilize an automated uninstallation tool. This process is handy even for not experienced users as the deletion application could eliminate all situations of this infection in just a couple clicks. The first moment is to employ the manual elimination instruction. This is a much more complicated way that calls for certain os abilities.
How Gray Hat ransomware gains on my device?
Cybercriminals use several methods to spread the malware software to the target pc. Ransomware malware could slither into victims’ machines etc. than in one or two methods, in many cases, cryptoviral deception breach is complete together with the following approaches:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Gray Hat ransomware.
|Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )
Gray Hat ransomware Behavior
- Common Gray Hat ransomware behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Gray Hat ransomware Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Gray Hat ransomware browser extension
- Changes user's homepage
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Gray Hat ransomware Connects to the internet without your permission
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Gray Hat ransomware Shows commercial adverts
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Slows internet connection
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Installs itself without permissions
Gray Hat ransomware effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1026%
- Windows 829%
- Windows 727%
- Windows Vista3%
- Windows XP15%
Gray Hat ransomware Geography
Eliminate Gray Hat ransomware from Windows
Delete Gray Hat ransomware from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Gray Hat ransomware from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Gray Hat ransomware from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Gray Hat ransomware from Your Browsers
Gray Hat ransomware Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Gray Hat ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Gray Hat ransomware from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).