2>What is BACKJOHN ransomware?
This month was notable for the emergence of the BACKJOHN virus. It is classified as a ransomware-style contamination that has the capacity to lock people’ personal information and. This could be a log office, archive, gallery, or something else else. The files are rendered worthless after being enchiphered alongside a exceptional algorithm. From this fact on, fraudsters begin stealing victims by asking a penalty in the cryptocurrency Bitcoin in exchange for their numbers’s encoding. But, should you have been contaminated together with this ransomware, we must warn you not to pay the fine as there are varying stories of criminals just evading their victims the moment they have paid. To delete BACKJOHN ransomware and decrypt.BACKJOHN files for free-of-charge, try via this tutorial instead.
As soon as the encryption process is being done, you won’t be capable of opening files alongside .id.BACKJOHN”. Here, BACKJOHN ransomware drops 2 files: info.txt and info.hta that contain kidnappers’ demands. As commonplace, cybercriminals suggest free-of-charge decryption of varying files to indicate that they can terribly unlock the victim’s files.
The content of the pop-up window and info.txt ransom note:
There exists two solutions to uninstall BACKJOHN Ransomware and decode your files. The at the start is to employ an automated uninstallation program. This technique is handy even for not experienced users as the elimination tool could remove all situations of the malicious software in just several clicks. The moment is to implement our by hand elimination instructions. This is a much more baffling way that needs certain operating system capabilities.
How BACKJOHN ransomware acquires on my device?
Cybercriminals use different ways to distribute the malware software to the target pc. Ransomware malicious software may infiltrate victims’ operating systems etc. than in one or two approaches, in the majority of situations, cryptoviral deception breach is performed together with the following approaches:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in BACKJOHN.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
- Slows internet connection
- BACKJOHN Shows commercial adverts
- Changes user's homepage
- BACKJOHN Connects to the internet without your permission
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Integrates into the web browser via the BACKJOHN browser extension
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Common BACKJOHN behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
BACKJOHN effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1031%
- Windows 832%
- Windows 727%
- Windows Vista6%
- Windows XP4%
Eliminate BACKJOHN from Windows
Delete BACKJOHN from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove BACKJOHN from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase BACKJOHN from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete BACKJOHN from Your Browsers
BACKJOHN Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase BACKJOHN from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate BACKJOHN from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).