What is CONTI ransomware?
CONTI is a data-kidnapping malware that encrypts user data and asks for payment in exchange for the decryption key. This cryptovirus targets sensitive user’s files e.g video, audio, archives, and etc.. The enciphering process itself goes undiscovered and takes pretty time so in the majority of situations, the user realizes something incorrect when it’s too late. As a outcome, all user’s files branded together with .CONTI extension will become inaccessible. Afterward, the ransomware shall exit a text record along with a penalty mention – “CONTI_README.txt” that conceals kidnappers’ inquiries. Regardless of the fact that the text in the ransom message may range, the essence traces the same – cybercriminals condition income from victims in BTC cryptocurrency to recover details entry. However, we do not suggest you do this, since no one can guarantee that they transfer you the decryption utility regardless of the fact that the payment is redirected. Instead, you could follow our stage-by-step guidelines so as to uninstall CONTI ransomware and unlock .CONTI files for free-of-charge.
There exists two solutions to delete CONTI Ransomware and restore your files. The at the start is to employ an automated uninstallation tool. This technique is suited even for not experienced users because the termination software could eliminate all cases of this threat in just a couple clicks. The minute is to employ the by hand elimination instructions. This is a much more confusing way that needs exclusive machine capabilities.
How CONTI ransomware obtains on my system?
Cybercriminals use different approaches to distribute the malware software to the target pc. Ransomware malicious software might slither into victims’ pcs etc. than in one or two methods, in the majority of situations, cryptoviral scam breach is complete together with the following ways:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in CONTI.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Integrates into the web browser via the CONTI browser extension
- CONTI Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Common CONTI behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- CONTI Connects to the internet without your permission
CONTI effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1025%
- Windows 830%
- Windows 724%
- Windows Vista3%
- Windows XP18%
Eliminate CONTI from Windows
Delete CONTI from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove CONTI from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase CONTI from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete CONTI from Your Browsers
CONTI Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase CONTI from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate CONTI from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).