What is Gray Hat ransomware?
Gray Hat (Clay) is a ransomware-type virus that puts strong encryption algorithms on users’ files. Then cybercriminals need a fine in bitcoins in case the user aims to unlock their files. Regardless of the fact that this is generally the sole way to acquire your files back – we are not able to let you know do that, since there are no warranty that they transfer you a decryption program. Initially, this malware targets English-speaking people, regardless, it has earlier circulate around the world and endangers the machine of a lot of people. In this report, you’ll see guide on how to erase Gray Hat ransomware and unlock .Clay files without paying the ransom money.
As soon as the encryption process is being done, you won’t be capable of opening files in bundles with .clay extension unless they are decrypted. For example, file “IMG2054.jpg” will turn into “IMG2054.jpg.clay“. Here, Gray Hat ransomware promotes a pop-up window as well as leaves a TXT log “___RECOVER__FILES__.clay.txt” that hides careful details about the buy. The hijackers are urging a penalty of 0.01 BTC (~ $494.34). Cryptocurrency permits hijackers to dodge prosecution as cryptocurrency transactions are really hard to detect. We do not suggest you to pay, because there are no warranty that your files shall be reappeared.
In the end, it’s up to you to suppose or not to feel, but let us alert you – no one can promise that they shall keep their end of the discount. On the opposite, there is a huge danger of being scammed and merely dropped in packages with little. The only trustworthy way to deal with the issue is to erase Gray Hat ransomware from the pc through relevant application in order to halt the harmful movements of the malicious virus and then fix your information from the backup.
The content of the ___RECOVER__FILES__.clay.txt document:
There exists two solutions to uninstall Gray Hat ransomware and decode your files. The at the beginning is to employ an automated deletion software. This approach is appropriate even for unskilled users as the elimination software can remove all cases of the malicious virus in just several clicks. The moment is to use our manual termination instruction. This is a much more hard way that calls for certain os capabilities.
How Gray Hat ransomware acquires on my system?
Cybercriminals use varying methods to spread the malware software to the target pc. Ransomware infections may infiltrate victims’ pcs etc. than in one or two methods, in the majority of situations, cryptoviral scam breach is full together with the following techniques:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Gray Hat ransomware.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Gray Hat ransomware Behavior
- Gray Hat ransomware Connects to the internet without your permission
- Integrates into the web browser via the Gray Hat ransomware browser extension
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Common Gray Hat ransomware behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
Gray Hat ransomware effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1030%
- Windows 835%
- Windows 721%
- Windows Vista4%
- Windows XP10%
Gray Hat ransomware Geography
Eliminate Gray Hat ransomware from Windows
Delete Gray Hat ransomware from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Gray Hat ransomware from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Gray Hat ransomware from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Gray Hat ransomware from Your Browsers
Gray Hat ransomware Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Gray Hat ransomware from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Gray Hat ransomware from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).