2>What is KOK08 ransomware?
KOK08 is yet another variant of Matrix cryptovirus that also aims to lock up users’ data. The classification of victim files is notable, e.g, it touches files, for example photos, images, video files, PDF, and so on. It makes use of a complicated cipher AES, thereby readjust the files by on your own is nealy impossible. When the enciphering is accomplished, Matrix penaltyware sends a penalty-urging note. However, we do not suggest you to contact crooks and even etc. in order to pay the penalty, because there is a good possibility of giving up your files and giving up income. Instead, you might use our instructions so as to terminate KOK08 ransomware and unlock .KOK08 files for free-of-charge.
As soon as the encryption process is accomplished, all malicious files shall be renamed according to the following template: .KOK08. Afterward, KOK08 ransomware leaves !README_KOK08!.rtf file that contains kidnappers’ demands. Cybercriminals press users to contact them via email to get further guidance from cybercriminals:
We highly suggest not to agree along with their requirements since there are no assurances that you will download your files when the transaction occurs. On the opposite, there is a huge danger of being tricked and merely dropped together with little. The only safe way to fix the issue is to delete KOK08 ransomware from the pc via relevant programs in order to halt the malignant motions of the malicious virus and then repair your information from the backup.
There exists two solutions to terminate KOK08 Ransomware and decrypt your data. The at the beginning is to employ an automated removal program. This practise is useful even for unskilled users because the elimination software can eliminate all situations of the malicious software in just several clicks. The moment is to employ our manual uninstallation instructions. This is a much more confusing way that needs certain pc capabilities.
How KOK08 ransomware obtains on my system?
Cybercriminals use multiple methods to spread the malware software to the target device. Ransomware malware may infect victims’ machines etc. than in one or two approaches, in most situations, cryptoviral scam breach is conducted together with the following ways:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in KOK08.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
- Common KOK08 behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- KOK08 Connects to the internet without your permission
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Installs itself without permissions
- KOK08 Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Integrates into the web browser via the KOK08 browser extension
- KOK08 Shows commercial adverts
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Slows internet connection
KOK08 effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1030%
- Windows 833%
- Windows 719%
- Windows Vista8%
- Windows XP10%
Eliminate KOK08 from Windows
Delete KOK08 from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove KOK08 from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase KOK08 from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete KOK08 from Your Browsers
KOK08 Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase KOK08 from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate KOK08 from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).