What is Koom ransomware?
Koom is a new variant of DJVU ransomware that targets machines running Windows. It shall crawl onto the victim’s machine, begin the encrypting process, then request a big sum of profits as a fine. The malicious software locks people’ content such as documents, photos, audio, video files, informationbases, archives, etc. The second the payment is accomplished, criminals supposed to carry out their component of the deal, regardless, there is no certainty that they would aid. Hence, you could be dropped in bundles with no profits and decryption application. Instead, you could tail this instructions to fully terminate Koom ransomware and decode .Koom without paying anything.
This variety notwithstanding, they all observe the same minimal template – to coerce money in return for beneficial facts. As promptly as you can after penetration, it begins to enchipher user files appending them alongside .Koom extension. The number of penalty is $980 and to motivate victims to pay swifter, cyber criminals as provide a 50% bargain for payment in 72 hours. For this purpose, cybercriminals want you to contact them by email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org. The more detailed information you can find in the TXT file virus creates:_readme.txt:
In the end, it’s up to you to assume it or not, but let us advise you – no one can prove that they would do their piece of the deal. On the adverse, there is a huge endanger of being tricked and merely dropped in addition to little. The only safe way to deal with the matter is to eliminate Koom ransomware from the machine via relevant software so as to halt the corrupt motions of the contamination and then fix your content from the backup.
There exists two solutions to terminate Koom Ransomware and decode your data. The at the beginning is to employ an automated uninstallation utility. This process is convenient even for not experienced users because the uninstallation software could delete all cases of the malware in just a couple clicks. The moment is to utilize the manual uninstallation guidelines. This is a much more difficult way that needs exclusive os abilities.
Screenshot of false Windows upgrade you could notice during the enciphering:
How Koom ransomware gets on my computer?
Cybercriminals use multiple ways to spread the malware software to the target device. Ransomware malicious software may infect victims’ machines etc. than in one or two methods, in many situations, a cryptoviral deception breach is full together with the following approaches:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Koom.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
- Common Koom behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Slows internet connection
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Koom Shows commercial adverts
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Koom Connects to the internet without your permission
- Changes user's homepage
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Koom Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
Koom effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1023%
- Windows 836%
- Windows 721%
- Windows Vista7%
- Windows XP13%
Eliminate Koom from Windows
Delete Koom from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Koom from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Koom from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Koom from Your Browsers
Koom Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Koom from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Koom from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).