Span>What is Selena ransomware?
Selena is a so-called “data-kidnapping virus” that can encrypt all the personal files on the computer making them unreadable. Like other malware of this class, it encrypts people’ details once it gains on their pcs. After that, it carries them hostage until the victim pays the fine in Bitcoin cryptocurrency. However, we don’t advise you do this, as there is a great risk of being scammed and dropped in addition to little. Instead, you may employ our guide so as to delete Selena ransomware and decode .Selena files for free-of-charge.
As soon as the encryption process is being done, you won’t be capable of opening files along with ..myfamily.jpg.selena. Like many similar threats, this creates a special note (selena.txt) that contains a ransom-demanding message. Cybercriminals pressure users to pay them a penalty for record retrieval.
In the end, it’s up to you to assume it or not, but let us caution you – no one can guarantee that they would do their component of the deal. On the contradictory, there is a large hazard of being tricked and merely dropped along with little. The only safe way to fix the issue is to eliminate Selena ransomware from the computer via relevant applications so as to abort the fraudulent motions of the malware and then repair your information from the backup.
There exists two solutions to erase Selena ransomware and decode your data. The at the start is to utilize an automated elimination tool. This technique is useful even for unskilled users as the elimination program could eliminate all situations of the malicious virus in just several clicks. The moment is to utilize our manual uninstallation instructions. This is a much more confusing way that needs exclusive system capabilities.
How Selena ransomware gets on my computer?
Cybercriminals use multiple methods to distribute the malware software to the target system. Ransomware infections may infiltrate victims’ pcs etc. than in one or two approaches, in most situations, a cryptoviral deception breach is complete together with the following techniques:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Selena.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
- Selena Shows commercial adverts
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Selena browser extension
- Installs itself without permissions
- Selena Connects to the internet without your permission
- Slows internet connection
- Common Selena behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
Selena effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1021%
- Windows 833%
- Windows 726%
- Windows Vista5%
- Windows XP15%
Eliminate Selena from Windows
Delete Selena from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Selena from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Selena from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Selena from Your Browsers
Selena Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Selena from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Selena from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).