What is CONTI ransomware?
CONTI is a data-kidnapping malware that encrypts user data and asks for payment in exchange for the decryption key. This cryptovirus targets private user’s files e.g video, audio, archives, and etc.. The enciphering process itself goes in a hidden manner and takes slightly time so in most situations, the user realizes something incorrect when it’s too late. As a resolution, all user’s files branded in packages with .CONTI extension will become inaccessible. Afterward, the ransomware shall close a text record together with a fine message – “CONTI_README.txt” that conceals kidnappers’ inquiries. As long as the text in the ransom notice may range, the essence stays the same – cybercriminals requirement profits from victims in BTC cryptocurrency to recover details entry. However, we do not advise you do this, since no one can assure that they relay you the decryption software even though the payment is redirected. Instead, you could follow our stage-by-step instructions so as to uninstall CONTI ransomware and unlock .CONTI files for free-of-charge.
There exists two solutions to uninstall CONTI Ransomware and decode your data. The at the start is to employ an automated uninstallation software. This process is convenient even for not experienced users because the uninstallation tool could delete all situations of the contamination in just a couple clicks. The first moment is to employ the manual deletion guidelines. This is a much more baffling way that needs exclusive device abilities.
How CONTI ransomware obtains on my device?
Cybercriminals use different approaches to distribute the malware software to the target pc. Ransomware malware may infiltrate victims’ pcs etc. than in one or two methods, in many situations, cryptoviral scam breach is done together with the following techniques:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in CONTI.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
- Common CONTI behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Integrates into the web browser via the CONTI browser extension
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Slows internet connection
- CONTI Connects to the internet without your permission
- Installs itself without permissions
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- CONTI Deactivates Installed Security Software.
CONTI effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1023%
- Windows 833%
- Windows 722%
- Windows Vista8%
- Windows XP14%
Eliminate CONTI from Windows
Delete CONTI from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove CONTI from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase CONTI from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete CONTI from Your Browsers
CONTI Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase CONTI from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate CONTI from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).