What is CONTI ransomware?
CONTI is a data-kidnapping malware that encrypts user data and asks for payment in exchange for the decryption key. This cryptovirus targets sensitive user’s files for example video, audio, archives, and etc.. The enciphering process itself goes undetected and takes fairly time so in the majority of situations, the user realizes something bogus when it’s too late. As a outcome, all user’s files branded in packages with .CONTI extension will become inaccessible. Afterward, the ransomware shall close a text record in packages with a penalty message – “CONTI_README.txt” that harbors kidnappers’ inquiries. Although the text in the ransom message may range, the essence traces the same – cybercriminals requirement revenue from victims in BTC cryptocurrency to recover details entry. However, we do not suggest you do this, as no one can prove that they relay you the decryption application in spite of the fact that the payment is redirected. Instead, you could follow our phase-by-step guidelines so as to get rid of CONTI ransomware and decode .CONTI files for free-of-charge.
There exists two solutions to delete CONTI Ransomware and decrypt your data. The at the start is to utilize an automated deletion program. This approach is fitted even for unskilled users as the termination tool can remove all cases of the malware in just a couple clicks. The minute is to use our manual termination guidelines. This is a much more tough way that needs certain system abilities.
How CONTI ransomware gains on my system?
Cybercriminals use multiple approaches to distribute the malware software to the target system. Ransomware malicious software might infiltrate victims’ oss etc. than in one or two approaches, in many cases, cryptoviral scam breach is complete together with the following techniques:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in CONTI.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- CONTI Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Common CONTI behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Installs itself without permissions
- CONTI Shows commercial adverts
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- CONTI Connects to the internet without your permission
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Slows internet connection
- Changes user's homepage
CONTI effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1029%
- Windows 829%
- Windows 721%
- Windows Vista4%
- Windows XP17%
Eliminate CONTI from Windows
Delete CONTI from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove CONTI from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase CONTI from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete CONTI from Your Browsers
CONTI Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase CONTI from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate CONTI from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).